.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Weekend Links.




What are you up to this weekend friends? Tonight I have a work/school-related party to attend {hope it will be fun!} On Saturday, I will be spending the afternoon with my grandmother and my great-aunt for a bit of lunch and some belated-birthday shopping. I also have to finish up all of the preparations for my class -- I start teaching on Tuesday. I can't believe it is that time again! Aside from that, I hope to be able to play some tennis with the boy, give myself a mani/pedi with my new MAC Illegal Purple polish {a birthday gift from my friend Emma}, and try out this Bon Appetit recipe for Baked tomatoes with cheese! Hope your weekend is a lovely one! Here are some links I enjoyed discovering this week:

::A new collection of gloriously retro shoes with a 1920's vibe from Chie Mihara {to go with my flapper dream-dress!}

::The new Fall line by Willow is seriously sexy and scrumptious!

::The Wholestyle Manifesto at Jaka's Tea Party is a much-needed revision of what "style" really means.

::The Dog Books Project by Melissa McDaniel is raising money for dog rescues. Pre-order yours now!

::I'm a huge Quentin Tarantino fan, and I'm uber-excited about his new film coming out today: Inglorious Bastards.

::One of the most innovative ideas I've seen in a while: shadow jewelry by Maiko Takeda.

Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions {a group made up of the former lead singer of Mazzy Star and a member of My Bloody Valentine} will be releasing a new --and moody -- album in the Fall.

::I'm not a camper...I hate bugs, and heat, and I LOVE my bed. But, this chic campsite in the French countryside could definitely persuade me to change my mind and "rough it" for a bit!