.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wanna Join My Class?



...Well, virtually-speaking anyway. I am teaching a class this semester on the 1890's, and I'm very excited, because the fin de siecle is one of my absolute favorite time periods in art and literature! The reading list includes:
In addition, we will be reading poetry by Lord Alfred Douglas and Michael Field, as well as short fiction by George Egerton {one of my faves}. You can read along, and we can discuss. ;)

Oh, and don't forget to indulge in a bit of visual stimulation as well: Edward Munch, Aubrey Beardsley, William Morris, Toulouse Lautrec, Mary Cassatt, Degas, Alphonse Mucha, and J.W. Waterhouse.

Don't get me wrong, my students are brilliant, but it would be even more fun if you were here to chat with, too!