.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fashion Illustration and New Figurative Drawing: Or, I Like People

I definitely went through a phase [during the time I was getting my Master's degree in Aesthetics] in which I was obsessed with abstract art. But, over the past year or two, I've done a complete 180 degree turn, and I now LOVE figurative illustration and painting -- I want people in my art, thank you! This has also made me more interested in fashion illustration as an art form. Until I can get my hands on the Fashion Illustration book from my gift guide last week, I am quenching my desire by bookmarking my favorite fashion-conscious illustrators on Etsy and dreaming of making a fabulously-framed arrangement of these on my wall (click on images to find out more...):

This print has such a great 70's vibe:
Victorian meets contemporary beauty:

I'm a sucker for glamorous women smoking:

Playful flapper girls:

Decadent Venetian glamour:


Sexy...and slightly creepy: