.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thank Goodness for Goodwill

I have been trying to reign in my clothes/shoes spending over the past few months, although it seems I still find ways to spend money elsewhere [i.e. cosmetics, Christmas gifts, etc]. I have a Goodwill thrift store the size of a Super-Walmart right down the street from my apartment, and every few weeks it seems to call my name on my drive home from work... I have not been too tempted by anything on the racks for a while, but they put out the winter items last week, and I went a bit crazy. Just thought I would share a few of my new, "guiltless" goodies:

Glamorous/slightly wacky faux fur vest, $12.




Awesome cropped leather jacket with lots of zippers that makes me feel far more bad-ass than I really am, $25.

This is me coyly posing in the mirror in my bad-ass jacket and my lumberjacket flannel (as my boyfriend calls it)...my photographer (i.e. the boyfriend) was on hiatus...


A Margot [from The Royal Tenenbaums]-inspired Vintage faux-fur coat, $15.

And, some things that passed me by...

I really loved this 80's sequin gown [the sequins and geometric shapes felt a bit art deco], but it was so unflattering, unfortunately...


I was also sad to find these two adorable pair of leather oxfords were not even close to my size...wish I knew someone who wore a size 5 to buy these for...