.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Mannish Overcoat

[Hi all...I am in Nashville for the Modernist Studies Association conference right now. Nerdy, bookish stuff galore...so, I might be a bit slow for a few days answering comments, etc. I will have one more post tomorrow, and then take the weekend off. Enjoy your week my friends!]
I am loving the idea of a masculine overcoat with long, slouchy sleeves [good for rolling up], a deep neck, and low-slung buttons. It has such an 80's Wallstreet vibe. So far, all of the examples I have found are WAY out my price range. However, I'm fairly confident that with a good bit of thrift-store shopping, I can find something quite similar in the men's department, for much less cash. Do my lovely readers have any suggestions?




The Topshop version is perfect, but $310 is just not wallet-friendly!






The new Burberry Prorsum F/W 08 Collection had several mannish overcoats, but all for [*gulp*] thousands of dollars...