.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Discipline Me!


Let's talk about discipline. No, not that kind of discipline you naughty monkeys! I'm talking about self-discipline: an evil little hyphenated word with seriously un-fun connotations {and no Bettie Page in sight to make the pain seem like a party!}...

Here is my question: how can you improve self-discipline without turning into a gloomy workaholic?? I have a ton of stuff on my plate: teaching, researching, "writing" a dissertation, volunteering, blogging...and still trying to have a life, keep my toilets clean, and pay attention to my pets {oh, and my and boyfriend}. There are just some days when I have a hard time prioritizing all of this and keeping my projects in perspective. For example, my dissertation seems so huge and overwhelming right now that I find myself ignoring it and putting it on the backburner, rather than facing it head-on.

::Do you have any tips for getting motivated on big projects? Training yourself to manage time more wisely? Stopping the excuses and just doing the work that needs to be done?


Where is beautiful Bettie and her whip when you need them most??