.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Penhaligon's: The Anthology Collection.




What's the one thing yours-truly likes more than high-heeled shoes, vintage dresses, AND red lipstick? Yep, perfume! One of my first jobs was as a salesgirl at a perfume shop at the mall. We didn't exactly have a lot of business, so most of my time was spent sitting around spritzing perfume on every area of available skin, mixing scents, and trying to figure out fragrance lingo {head notes, heart notes...I still haven't got it all straight}. These days, I still find it very difficult to walk by a department store perfume counter or pass by Sephora without wanting to try/buy something new. What I wouldn't give to pay a visit to London's lovely Penhaligon's perfumery! Their new re-released line of scents from the Anthology Collection features six scents from 1927 to 1976. I love the idea of wearing something that evokes a bit of nostalgia for a particular period. I also really love the fact that three of scents are from the year I was born {I can't believe I'm giving away my age}: the 1976 Night Scented Stock and the Gardenia sound amazing. Must have been a lush year !

::What are your favorite scents?? Have you tried anything from Penhaligon's?