.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, March 22, 2010

An Ode to Frida's Eyebrows

One of Frida Kahlo's most striking features was -- without a doubt -- her full and fearless eyebrows. It always bothers me when I hear people say: "Oh, she would have been pretty if she had done something about those brows." What??? No way. Her eyebrows were a part of unique beauty, and honestly, I've been feeling a little jealous of her thick mane of of eye-hair lately. Alright, I would never have the confidence to pull off a full-on monobrow {nor does my hair even grow between my eyes}, but I could really use a little oomph in the eyebrow area these days. During my many years of plucking, waxing, and torturous string treatments, I never once stopped to consider the fact that one day thick brows would be back in fashion...and that all that hair pulling would eventually make them stop growing. I don't care about any of these new-fangled eyelash growth treatments, I want something that will make my eyebrows come back!

::Where do you stand on the eyebrow issue? Is anyone having this dilemma?? What I wouldn't give to have this America's Next Top Model contestant's brows! Oh well, Here is a bit of Frida to make you smile...