.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Monday Mischief: She-Aviator

Do you ever have one of those weeks where it seems that a random theme emerges again and again? The past week or so has definitely taken on an aviator theme for me: at a party last weekend, I donned my friend Ryan's aviator cap and goggles [he wears them to ride his scooter], and I felt they added a certain je ne sais quoi to my ensemble...of course, I was also just being a goofball. That same night I heard that an Amelia Earhart film is in the works, starring Hilary Swank. If you ask me, Amelia is one of the most amazing [and often underrated] people who have walked the planet, so I'm truly excited about this film!

Then...Refinery29 had a Trend Watch report that featured...you guessed it...aviator caps! How cute is red-headed Coco Rocha in her be-jeweled cap!!?? What do you think -- is this going to be the next fedora?














I am already thinking Amelia would be a great Halloween costume this year. If you're interested in Amelia, you should definitely check out the official website. Did you know she was:
♥ The first person to solo the 2,408-mile distance across the Pacific between Honolulu and Oakland, California; also first flight where a civilian aircraft carried a two-way radio
♥ First person to fly solo from Los Angeles to Mexico City; 13hrs 23min
♥ First person to fly solo nonstop from Mexico City to Newark; 14hrs 19min.
AMAZING!