.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Motorcycle Jackets: Real vs. Vegan

I have been trying to decide whether these badass beauties over at facehunter.com are wearing real or vegan leather jackets...either way, they look great!






This weekend, I plan to start shopping for a motorcycle jacket -- an item that has been on my Fall wish-list for a while now. I have been pondering whether or not I want to purchase a "real" leather version or opt instead for a faux/vegan version. To be honest, I love real leather -- I love the feel, the look, and the smell. In other words, I'm not a vegan. But, if you told me I had the option of a jacket that looked as good, cost less, and saved an animal's life, I would definitely be persuaded!

What I've decided to be the best course of action is to first try and find a used/vintage leather version. It is actually more eco-friendly to purchase second-hand than to purchase something newly produced (vegan or not). If I don't have any luck with that, I am going to opt for a new vegan jacket. I have had my eye on several options that I have found online. Here are some of the more tempting ones -- the Urban Outfitters option is probably my favorite so far (though the Target prices always tempting):


Vegan Essentials.com: Vegan motorcycle Jacket, by Vegetarian Shoes, $179.95

I'll keep you all updated on what I end up buying...and of course take some pics!