.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Monday Mischief: In Every Father's House a Treasure

I spent the day with my wonderful family yesterday for Father's Day, and after lunch my dad invited me and my boyfriend over to "go shopping" in the house [like he often does]. Perusing his tables and shelves full of vintage toys, dishes, books, games, and records, I was reminded that my fondness for kitschy, vintage trinkets and beautiful antique baubles undoubtedly comes from my father. I also realized: a.] I get my shopping addiction from my father. b.] I get my taste for all things strange and unusual from my father -- an eccentricity that seems charming, in his case!

Just thought I would share a few snapshots of some of his current treasures [they are on an ever-rotating cycle]:













My dad and my boyfriend playing vintage games:

My dad made my boyfriend's day with these hockey and basketball games from the 70's:



Some goodies I took home: Pink glasses, little vintage floral trays, and a ceramic bud vase...


And some crazy new necklaces, including a giant owl charm [which I gave to my friend Kate] and some Bakelite charms...oh, and me being a goofball, as per the usual.





All-in-all, a very fun day! And, yes, don't worry -- my dad got a present, too!