.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, May 18, 2009

A Taste of Texas...

I'm back! I've missed everyone! I had such a great time in Texas this past week -- I just thought I would post a few photos of my visit. I'm feeling too lazy today to come up with more creative content...
I used to live in Texas, so I have a soft spot in my heart for the Lonestar state -- it is just the perfect combination of culture & kitsch!
A warm, muggy Texas night in Ft. Worth.

Inside Billy Bob's Honky Tonk, Ft. Worth.

The hat collection inside The White Elephant Bar.


A great Ft. Worth bar -- it's over 100 years old.

The Love Shack -- quite possibly the best burger and fries I've ever had!

I have no idea where the name of this beer came from...but it's funny.

Inside one of the cowboy outfitter shops...

For all of your horse-riding needs...

There were so many amazing boots...these were almost $2,000!

Gorgeous, handmade embroidered boots!

Outside of an old western brothel.


Our hotel in the Ft. Worth Stockyards.
The buildings in the Stockyards are so beautiful -- a little piece of Texas history.
I'm a complete sucker for these old neon signs.
Cowgirl country...
At the sculpture garden in Dallas.
More sculpture outside of the Dallas Museum.
My mom checking out the amazing Sargent painting inside the Dallas Museum.
Chihuly sculpture inside the DMA...it catches the light so perfectly.