.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Mischief: Valentine in Fur

I had two eye-opening revelations this weekend:

1. If you wear two pairs of tights, they will keep you warm AND they will look completely opaque! I'm a little sad it took me 30+ years to come to this realization.

2. Dying my hair a bright red is going to take a lot of upkeep: I dyed my hair barely two weeks ago and already had to do it again! Does anyone have a suggestion for a good drugstore hair dye that looks good and lasts longer????

This is what I wore for Valentine's dinner; not quite as fabulous as my dream outfit, but inspired by it nonetheless [click to enlarge images]. I finally got to wear the dress that I bought at H&M in NYC last Fall...it is a wonderfully silky, nude-pink color that I'm in love with right now. I'm also digging this Target jacket with pointy little shoulders [and it cost $5!!!]. I also carried my great-grandmother's vintage beaded purse and donned my big red rose ring and favorite vintage necklace that doubles as a timepiece.

After a delicious and insanely filling Valentine's dinner at the new local restaurant, Oscar's Gastropub, my BF and I met met up with our always-fun friends Sarah and Ryan. Sarah and I were both wearing our vintage-faux-furs... it's all about being tactile on the day of love, right??

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox